Library / Media Center
Libraries / Media Center
There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all. ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
To ensure students have quick easy access to content-rich non-fiction and high interest fiction materials for check-out, our school offers a welcoming Media Center. The Media Center enhances and encourages a love of reading and literacy, and a thirst for knowledge.
Explore reading, it's exciting!
Reading is the cornerstone for all learning. You can use the library to look up a book or use links for on-line research.
Reading Makes a Difference!
Follow the link on the page menu to visit our library.
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday 7:45am – 2:00 pm
Friday 7:45 am – 1:00pm
- Students in grades K-3 check out every week in addition to weekly lessons.
- Students in grades 4-6 alternate between checkout and weekly lesson every other week.
Check Out and Check In Procedures
It is a privilege to check out materials from the library. Students and staff are responsible for any items checked out to them. The loan period is two weeks for students in grades 2 - 6th. The loan period for Kindergarten /1st grade is one week. Books may be renewed.
- Kindergarten through first grade can check out 1 book.
- Second through Sixth grade can check out 2 books.
We do not charge fines for overdue books. However, students are responsible for all lost and damaged books. Students will be charged the current replacement price of the book. Parents will be refunded if the book is returned in good condition. Please report any damage to the Librarian as soon as it is discovered. Please try to keep books clean and dry and away from food, drinks, pets and younger children. Do not attempt to repair a book that is ripped or damaged. The Library has special supplies for that. Home repairs often cause even more damage to a book. Thank you for your help in keeping our books well read and well taken care of!
How Parents Can Help the Library Achieve Its Goals
- Encourage your children to read. Show an interest in the books your child brings home. Read with your child on a daily basis.
- Encourage your child to take good care of library materials. Provide a safe place for him/her to keep library materials at home.
- Help your child remember to return materials on time by finding out what day they come to the library.
- Use the public library with your child.
Read - Read - Read!
The Reading Incentive travels to the Seven Wonders of the World. Watch your class travel around the world by turning your reading minutes in to your teacher. Every minute you read outside of school hours counts!!
Your class will earn a tasty sherbet treat in May if you make it to the final marker. If you make it to the third marker a second time you will get cookies with your sherbet. So read-read-read!!
Can’t find what you are looking for in our library?
Click on the link to access the Pima County Library.