What Can Parents Do?
Bullying can be a widespread and serious problem that can happen anywhere. We encourage our parents/guardians to be involved with their student and with their school. It takes the entire school community to create an inviting school where everyone feels they belong.
Parents/guardians can help their student learn how to prevent bullying using some of these tips:
- Discuss bullying with your student- Explain what it is.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your student.
- Teach your student the importance of respecting self and others.
- Encourage your student to pursue their interests and be involved.
- Teach your student to take a stand against bullying and do not join in.
- Teach your student to always tell an adult.
*For more information visit, the Stop Bullying Website managed by the Department of Health & Human Services.