What Can Parents Do?
Bullying can be a widespread and serious problem that can happen anywhere. We encourage our parents to be involved with their child and with their school. It takes the entire school community to create an inviting school where everyone feels they belong.
Parents can help their child learn how to prevent bullying using some of these tips:
- Discuss bullying with your child - Explain what it is.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your child.
- Teach your child the importance of respecting self and others.
- Encourage your child to pursue their interests and be involved.
- Teach your child to take a stand against bullying and do not join in.
- Teach your child to always tell an adult.
*For more information visit, the Stop Bullying Website managed by the Department of Health & Human Services.