Free or Reduced School Meals

  • Student having lunch with nachos, carrots, applesauceYour child may be eligible to receive free or reduced-price school meals! One application can be used to list all children in the household.

    Completing the Free and Reduced Lunch application helps far beyond providing free or low-cost meals. This form ensures continued funding to support all students in our school with:

    • Funding for programs like the 21st Century Community Learning afterschool programs
    • Reduced fees for sports and activities
    • Increased state and Federal funding for supplies, equipment and resources
    • Tutoring and before-and-after school programs 
    • Funding and/or discounts for technology, internet access, wireless and network services 
    • Free or reduced-price school meals, and more! 

    Apply Online Today!

    The status of your application will be communicated to you at the email address you provide during application. 

    Approval Process

    Each application can take up to 10 days to process. Benefits do not begin until the date your application is approved and you are responsible for all meals purchased prior to that date. If you do not receive approval in a 10 -14 days, please call the Meals Benefit Clerk at (520) 682-4734.

    Eligibility: Important Reminders
    Eligibility is determined by household size and income criteria. Children from households whose income is at or below the levels set by the USDA Child Nutrition Program are eligible. Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals regardless of income and should be included on your application. All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations or TANF, can get free meals regardless of your income. 

    Paper Applications
    Applications are also available in English and Spanish at each school's office. Complete the application and mail to:

    Food Service Office
    11279 W. Grier Ste. 107
    Marana, AZ  85653

    For more information about the National School Lunch or School Breakfast Program, including free or reduced-price meals, contact the Director of Food Services for Marana USD at (520) 682-4734.

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.  

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.