Payment by Check Process
The Marana Unified School District accepts checks as payment for school related fees.
Checks must be payable to the Marana Unified School District (MUSD) or made payable to the school.
Checks should include the following information:
- Full name – imprinted on check
- Street Address – imprinted on check
- Home phone number – can be handwritten on check
- Cell phone number- can be handwritten on check as applicable
Checks will NOT be accepted as follows:
- Two-party personal checks
- Altered checks
- Post-dated checks
- Any personal check except for the purchase in the exact amount
- Checks payable to two or more persons
- Checks payable to a booster club or parent organization
The Marana Unified School District always looks for ways to be more efficient and effective in our fiscal policies. While it may seem like a minor issue to some, the collection of non-sufficient fund (NSF) checks is a time consuming and costly issue. As with any business, MUSD has an obligation to our clients and the community’s taxpayers, to be fiscally accountable. Collecting returned checks can take valuable time from the school district personnel.
To manage this process in a more efficient and cost effective manner, MUSD uses nexcheck. Nexcheck™ utilizes the federal and state laws allowing the electronic recovery of NSF checks which results in a high rate of recovery at no cost to the school district.
No longer will the district or school staff arrange for the repayment of returned checks. Should your check be returned for insufficient funds, you expressly authorize your account to be electronically debited or bank drafted for the amount of the check plus any applicable fees. The use of a check is your acknowledgement and acceptance of this policy and its terms and conditions.