Childcare For Essential Workers
The Marana Unified School District is committed to providing a childcare program to ensure minimal disruption to First Responders and Essential Healthcare Workers.
If you are a First Responder or Essential Healthcare Worker and are in need of care for your child during summer, please complete this Childcare Request Form. An MUSD staff member will contact you directly regarding your request.
MUSD’s Learning, Enrichment and Play (LEAP) childcare program for essential workers operates from 6am-6pm, Monday – Friday from Tuesday, May 26, 2020 – Tuesday, July 28, 2020. The program is closed May 25 for Memorial Day and July 3 in recognition of the 4th of July.
All Learning, Enrichment and Play (LEAP) sites are licensed facilities that provide secure, supervised learning and play experiences.
The program is open to First Responders and Essential Healthcare Workers in need of care for children ages 5 years to 12 years of age.
Hours: 6:00am - 6:00pm
Cost: $4.55 per hour. Registration fee: $35.00.
Each LEAP room will operate at no more than a 1:9 ratio, with one adult assigned to a group of nine children. There will be no more than nine children per room. Space may be limited and prescribed CDC and state guidelines followed.
LEAP is offered at the following locations:
- DeGrazia Elementary School
- Dove Mountain CSTEM K-8 School
- Estes Elementary School
- Twin Peaks K-8 School
Aligned with prescribed CDC and the Arizona Department of Health Services guidelines, each location will:
- monitor for symptoms associated with respiratory infections,
- children with symptoms of respiratory infection and/or a fever will not attend the program,
- encourage social distancing through strategies to minimize student touch/interactions,
- follow recommended cleaning of surfaces including disinfecting main touchpoints such as detailing doorknobs, light switches, handles, tables, etc.,
- practice preventative measures including reminding students to wash hands frequently, avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth, and to cover coughs and sneezes.