Full-time online distance learning experiences designed around the personalized learning needs of student. Students considering Distance Learning for grades 5-12 should carefully consider their academic skills and learning style. Distance Learning courses suit learners who prefer to work independently and are able to prioritize and complete tasks on their own. Students who need support services to access grade-level content may require additional consideration before enrolling in Distance Learning or may consider Flexible Learning (when schools are able to resume in-person instruction) for their academic needs. Learn more and register for Distance Learning.
- Grades 5-12
- Grades K-4 can choose the Flexible Learning Model for online learning at home when schools are able to resume in-person instruction.
- Five full-days per week
- Asynchronous Instruction
- Self-Paced Curriculum through Mesa Distance Learning - more than 80 courses offered.
- MUSD teachers or Mesa Distance Learning teachers
- Chromebook provided by MUSD
- Social-emotional support
- Physical Education and other electives
- Accommodations and support services available
- Grades 5-12
Common Questions about Classroom, Flexible & Distance Learning Model Options
Will all three Learning Models have equitable outcomes?
Is Flexible Learning similar to Remote Learning which began at the beginning of the school year?
How do Elementary & Middle School Learning Models differ from High School?
Will any of the Learning Models require a teacher change?
What occurs if we have to transition to a hybrid or fully remote setting?
Is there a contingency plan?