Start of School Year
The school year begins Wed. August 5 in a remote learning/distance learning environment through Monday, August 17, or until safely able to return to in-person instruction. MUSD recognizes that the Governor may extend school closure beyond that date.
Grab & Go Meals
Knowing many families rely on school meals for their student, MUSD is providing FREE Grab & Go Meals through 2020 Summer Feeding Program. Children may stop by a school, along a bus route, or Marana Cares Mobile to grab a FREE lunch and receive a breakfast meal for the following morning.
- Free to all children 18 & under.
- Offered Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
- Visit Grab & Go website for more information.
Next Steps: Coming Soon
- Parent & Employee Handbook for Remote Learning
- Parent and Student Digital Citizenship Training
- Chromebook Distribution week of July 27
- Professional Learning Plan for Educators
- Parent, Teacher, and Student Focus Groups to continue to shape expectations and supports for Remote Learning
Issue 1: July 15, 2020
As we prepare and plan a comprehensive engaging Remote Learning and Distance Learning program, MUSD work is guided by the following Five Principles:
Community Building and Connectedness
- Opportunities for students to stay connected to their school community, peers, and teachers built into weekly schedule
Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Balanced opportunities for virtual direct instruction and independent learning activities
- Instruction aligned with comprehensive MUSD Curriculum
- Consistent platforms for instructional delivery across schools
- PE, Music, secondary electives
- Virtual resources
- MUSD Instructional Model
- Virtual tools will be applied that support student collaboration
- Teacher collaboration across grade levels and content areas
- Regular updates to District website
- Weekly communication with parents regarding schedule and required work products
- Regular and timely feedback for online learners
- Work products will be assessed and grades will be accessible in MUSD Connection
- Students will follow a regular schedule during regular school hours
- Teachers will use the same online platform to provide resources to students
- Continued access to services that support all learners (SPED, Speech/Language, English Language Learning , Counseling, Health Office supports, Meals)