Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
Marana Unified School District has a team to support the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Framework at all school sites and levels.
MTSS is an evidence-based framework for effectively integrating multiple systems and services to simultaneously address a student’s academic achievement, behavior, and social-emotional well-being.
At MUSD we utilize Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) to create a proactive approach to supporting students, families, and staff using several key elements:
- Increasing levels of targeted support for those who need it
- Integrated plans that address student’s academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs
- The use of evidence-based strategies
- A school-wide approach to student support
- Professional development to enable delivery of interventions and effective progress monitoring
- Family involvement and collaboration
Our MTSS staff consists of a Program Coordinator, District Social Workers, and a Data Integrity Specialist, who offer a variety of supports for students and families including:
- Individualized interventions and support for students
- Home visits and PBIS at Home coaching
- Collaboration with outside agencies including mental health and community organizations to help bridge the gap between school, home, and community
- Family support: