Supporting Student Achievement:
Our school counselors support student achievement in a variety of ways:
- Teaching classroom guidance lessons in the academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- Conducting small groups to help students reach personal goals in reducing stress/anxiety, managing anger, making friends, coping effectively with changes, building self-esteem, and promoting responsible behaviors.
- Providing crisis counseling as needed.
- Helping families locate community resources.
- Planning with students, teachers and parents to help students learn.
Classroom Guidance Topics:
- Friendship Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Bully Prevention
- Listening skills
- Career Exploration
- Goal Setting
- Anger Management
- Personal Responsibility
- Stress Reduction
- Safe Reporting
- Test Taking Strategies
- Self Esteem Building