Meet Your Counselors
Time of Service
- During time in college (Up to 5 years)
- May join as a sophomore in college
- Time of active duty service begins after person finishes degree and the contract equals the number of years the military paid for college. (4-5 years)
Minimum Education Requirements
- Must be enrolled in a STEM degree program
- Full-time college student with a college GPA of 2.5
- Very competitive to get a scholarship. Most scholarships require a higher GPA to get in as a high school student or as a sophomore in college. Must have at least a 1000 on SAT or a 19 on the ACT.
- Pass Officer bootcamp
- Pass background/criminal check. Will make some allowances for felonies but it depends on the branch.
- Accepted into the college of the program & have appropriate grade qualifications
- Pass the physical fitness and medical tests.
- Pass background check
- Tuition, Room & Board are paid.
- Receive a monthly stipend
- Advising & Tutoring offered on campus
- After graduation:
- Starting salary is 3,400 a month
- Housing allowance
- Uniform allowance 1x
- Insurance, Life Insurance, and Retirement package
- Tuition assistance up to $4500 a year while in the service.
- GI Bill
- GI Loan
- Grants/low interest loans to start business
- Medical/Life Insurance/Dental/Eye for self/dependents
- Not to be mistaken for JROTC
- Make decision to sign military contract during Jr. Year of college. If don’t need to pay back govt. for school.
- Active Duty-move every 3 years
- Can be deployed for multiple tours
- May use GI Bill for dependents