Time of Service
- Conducted after one earns a college degree or if an enlisted service man/woman wants to enroll in the OCS.
- Contract is 4 years of active duty with up to 4 additional years of inactive status.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Must have a college degree.
- Attend Officer Training School.
- Pass physical fitness and medical tests
- Pass Officer bootcamp
- Pass background/criminal check.
- Starting salary of $3188
- Housing allowance $1300-2400
- Married/Dependents receive $200 more in housing allowance
- Tuition assistance up to $4500 a year while in the service.
- GI Bill
- GI Loan
- Grants/low interest loans to start business
- Medical/Life Insurance/Dental/Eye for self/dependents
- Active Duty-move every 3 years
- Can be deployed for multiple tours
- May use GI Bill for dependents
** Service Academy Programs have separate requirements but the benefits are similar to the officer categories.