Meet Your Counselors
Time of Service
- 3-6 years with up to an additional 2 years of inactive duty status in case of a state/national emergency.
- Reserves are operated by the federal govt.
- National Guard is operated by the states.
- Work 1 weekend a month plus 14 days during the calendar year.
- Guaranteed to keep job if deployed.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- If not in college or have a degree, pass ASVAB score of 34+
- Pass bootcamp/military schools
- Pass background/criminal check.
- $218 a month for 1 weekend of drills.
- $760 for 2 week training
- If active duty, $1600 a month.
- Tuition assistance up to $4500 a year while in the service.
- GI BIll
- GI Loan
- Grants/low interest loans to start business
- Medical/LIfe Insurance/Dental/Eye for self/dependents
- Guard doesn’t move but can be deployed to other states/overseas.
- May use GI Bill for dependents