Mission Statement & Services
The mission of the Student and Family Support Services Department is to ensure that ALL students have an equal opportunity to succeed in school by removing barriers to achieving academic and personal excellence.
SUCCESS OF STUDENTS
Fund to help student in need with educational necessities:
- School Supplies
- School Fees
- Field Trips
- Sports Fees
- Summer School
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
Provides Community Resources
- Threads & Treads Clothing Bank
- Food Pantry
- Holiday Share
- School Supplies
Full-time school counselors at every school focused on three categories:
- Personal / Social
- Career / Life Planning
CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM
District counselors/social workers taking action in the aftermath of a crisis:
- On-Call Support
- Short Term Support
McKINNEY-VENTO HOMELESS EDUCATION SERVICES
Ensuring educational services for students experiencing homelessness:
- Immediate Enrollment
- School Stability
- Eliminating Barriers
- Various Other Support Services
MULTI-TIERED SYSTEMS OF SUPPORT
A framework of interventions and supports designed to address behavioral and academic challenges. Supporting, Enhancing, and Expanding PBIS District-Wide
- Social Workers providing interventions and support to students and their families
- Ongoing data collection and continual assessment
- Tiered Tiers of Interventions that can be amplified in response to levels of need
Student and Family Support Services. Call (520) 616-3013.
- Counseling Program- Marana Unified School District employs Master’s level, full time Professional School Counselors at each school. Our school counselors work with all students on their academic, personal/social, and career development needs in classrooms, small groups, and individual settings. The school counseling program promotes student achievement. School counselors do not provide mental health screening or mental health treatment.
- McKinney-Vento/Homeless Education Services- Ensuring educational services for highly mobile students.
- Power Packs- Supplemental food program for students in need to have healthy snacks on the weekend and during breaks throughout the school year.
- Success of Students (S.O.S)- Fund to help students in need receive items to help them have a successful school year
- Crisis Response Team- On-call, short-term support in a crisis
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)- Support, enhance, and sustain a positive school climate using PBIS as the framework, tiered interventions, district social workers, and on-going training
- Family Resource Center (FRC)
- Threads & Treads Clothing Bank- Provides clothes from community donations
- Food Pantry- Provides food boxes
- Toiletries-provides hygiene items
- Foster Care - Ensuring educational services for students in foster care.
- McKinney-Vento/Homeless Education Services- Ensuring educational services for students experiencing homelessness.