Parents As Teachers
The Marana Unified School District offers Parents As Teachers. This is an early learning enrichment program for parents & children, prenatal to 5 years.
- Empower parents to give their children the best possible start in life.
- Increase parents' knowledge of child development.
- Provide for early detection of developmental problems.
- Enhance parent-child interaction and strengthen family relationships.
What can you expect from a PAT Parent Educator?
- Children learn more in the first few years, and at a much faster pace, than any other time in life.
- By age three a child's brain is 80% of its adult size.
- Parents As Teachers vision is that all parents will be their child's best first teachers.
Contact the MUSD Parent Educators-Parents as Teachers at (520) 579-4920
- Personalized monthly visits to share age-appropriate child-development information; encourage intellectual development, curiosity and language development; address parenting concerns.
- Group gatherings with your children and other parents to provide information on age-appropriate topics and participate in parent-child activities.
- Periodic screening of child's vision, hearing and development to provide early detection and treatment of potential problems or difficulties.
- Identify resources available in the community for supporting and enriching families.