From the Attendance Clerk - Mrs. Alejandra Hernandez.
If you have any questions about registration, attendance, absence, or tardy policies please email me, or call (520) 579-4800 extension 7002. If you need to fax a document to our school, the fax number is (520) 579-4840.
Attendance Guidelines and Tips
- Your student needs to be in class at 7:45 AM when school starts. If they are being dropped off at 7:45 AM, they will not have time to get to class which will result in an Unexcused Tardy. Many teachers start “Bell Work” promptly at 7:45 AM. We recommend your child arrive at 7:30 AM daily to ensure they make it to class on time.
- Please only have your students miss school when it is absolutely unavoidable because we are in school for only 180 days a school year. When a student misses 18 days every year for 13 years it adds up to 1 ¼ years (234 days) of missed school. This includes showing up late after appointments and leaving early for appointments.
- If your students need to miss a day please inform the office no later then 9:00 AM by calling our hotline at (520) 579-4848. It is a 24 hour recording. All students must be accounted for by 10:00 AM everyday. You should call the office about your child's absence.
- If you need a homework request include that information when you call in the absence and the work will be in the front after 2:30 PM. Requests for homework need to be made no later then 10:00 AM. Please note that homework is generally requested after 3 days of absence.
- Your children should arrive on campus no earlier than 7:20 AM. If they are eating breakfast they can arrive at 7:30 AM. If they are too early we will call to have them picked up until the correct time. There is not any staff supervision prior to 7:20 AM.
- If you need to get a message to your student please call before 1:15 PM as messages are given to teachers at 1:30 PM. Instructional time is not interrupted for routine messages to students.
- MOST IMPORTANT please inform us of any and all address and phone # changes immediately for the welfare of your student.
Please call me with any questions or concerns at (520) 579-4800 ext 7002. I look forward to working with you and your children during the new school year!
Mrs. Alejandra Hernandez
DeGrazia Attendance Clerk
It’s a GREAT day to be a Dustdevil!!!!
Phone: (520) 579-4800 ext. 7002
FAX: (520) 579-4840