Family Resource Center
Improving educational achievement by facilitating the delivery of community-determined health, social, recreational, and educational services to children, youth, and families.
MUSD has a Family Resource Center located at Thornydale Elementary School. The Center is open Monday through Friday.
Contact the Coordinator(520) 579-4920
There are several programs and services provided at the Centers:
- Case management support services/community resource referrals and information
- A family resource supporting families by offering community resources and referrals
- Parents as Teachers, an early learning support program for families with children prenatal to 5 years old
- Family therapists, offering counseling services after school and early evenings through school referral and appointment only
- A food and clothing bank relying solely on community donations
- An Oasis and Reading Seed volunteer coordinator
The primary mission of the Family Resource Center is to improve educational achievement by facilitating the delivery of community-determined health, social, recreational, and educational services to children, youth, and families in the Marana Unified School District.
The Family Resource Center is committed to increasing parental involvement and community participation in the educational process.
The School-based Center provides solutions for many of the challenges facing students and their families and is dedicated to helping people help themselves.
Some or all of these services and programs will be offered depending on the needs of the individuals and the community:
- Counseling Services
- Parenting/Adult Education
- Health Services Information
- Social Services
- Information & Referral
- Coordination of Student Programming
- Increased emphasis on parent involvement
- Volunteer Opportunities
It takes a whole community to raise a child.