How You Can Help
All Marana schools offer welcoming libraries / media centers, are important literacy hubs of our schools to enhance and encourage a love of reading and literacy, and a thirst for knowledge. Community members and businesses can contribute to a child’s love of reading in a variety of capacities:
- Volunteer at your child/neighborhood school media center to shelve books or organize shelves.
- Volunteer to assist at a school book fair, literacy night, or library event.
- Volunteer to be a guest reader or storyteller.
- Donate books or library materials that are in good shape and appropriate for that school’s collection.
- Donate Bookman’s trade credit directly to a library in MUSD or ask the staff at the Ina/Thornydale Bookman’s store to put your donated trade credit in the collection box for MUSD Libraries.
- Work with your non-profit group to raise funds to purchase award-winning books for our library collections