From the Attendance Clerk - Debbie Glazer
Hi! My name is Debbie Glazer and it is my pleasure to welcome you to Rattlesnake Ridge Elementary. As the attendance clerk, I am responsible for enrolling all students and for keeping a record of all things affecting student attendance including absences, tardies, dismissals and student contact information.
I work closely with Jana Aguiar, our school secretary, and Darla Miller, our Health Aide, to ensure that all students and parents enjoy a warm and inviting atmosphere. With a combined experience of over 14 years in the Marana School District alone, we welcome suggestions and are ready to address your concerns.
The Administration Office is open from 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Please feel free to come by anytime.
Rattlesnake Ridge Attendance Guidelines & Tips
Reporting an Absence or Late Arrival (Tardy)
You may call our 24-hour attendance hotline at 520-352-7001 to report your child's absence. You may also email me directly. When reporting an absence, you will need to provide the following information:
- Child's Name (official name, no nicknames)
- Date of the absence (or late arrival)
- Reason for the absence (or late arrival)
- Name of the person who is calling to report the absence (or late arrival).
- Caller's relationship to the child (mother, father, guardian, etc.)
- Notifying the classroom teacher only does not excuse the absence.
- Reports should be made by 9:00 AM. Absences listed as unexcused by 9:30 AM may be reminded to contact the Office by automatic dialer and/or email.
- Campus gates open at 7:30 AM in order to give time for a timely classroom arrival of no later than 7:45 AM. Arrival after 7:45 AM will result in the student being listed as Tardy.
- Doctor’s notes, for appointments or excuses for lengthy absences, may be sent with the student, emailed, brought in by the parent, or faxed to 520-744-3274.
Please notify your child’s teacher in writing of a planned change to your child’s normal dismissal routine. Also, discuss this change with your child before school. If you have an unanticipated emergency change, please call our office prior to 1:15 PM Monday through Thursday and prior to 12:00 PM. on Friday. Calling early gives our attendance clerk time to notify your child’s teacher before the bell rings.
- If you have a long term, or permanent dismissal change, please contact the Office as well.
- Students are released only to their parent or an officially designated representative. Anyone else needs to report to the Office for pickup, be over 18 years of age, and prepared to show ID.
Change of Address
Please contact the Attendance Clerk at 520-352-7000 to report a change of address or phone number.
You will need the following information:
- Child's name
- Your name and relationship to student
- Any brothers or sisters names
- Child's Teacher
- Old Address (or phone number)
- New Address (or phone number)
- You may be asked for verification of the new address with proof of residency (examples: lease, mortgage, any utility bill that proves residency at the new address).
ParentVue may also be used to update this information.
Rangers Lead the way…. OOO- RAH!