From the Secretary - Sarah Wilson
Welcome to Thornydale Elementary!
My name is Sarah Wilson and I love serving as the school secretary. I am starting my 5th year with MUSD and my 4th year at Thornydale. Before working in the front office I got to know many of our students and families in my role as the LEAP Supervisor.
I am your first point of contact here at Thornydale and I am always happy to help. We always recommend talking with your child’s teacher before scheduling a meeting with Mr Singer. However, should you need a meeting with Mr. Singer, I am happy to set that up. Should your child be absent, please call our attendance line or email me directly.
I love this school and our community. The best part of my job is helping our families connect with the people and resources they might need. Feel free to call our office anytime you have questions or concerns. If I don’t have the answer, I will always know someone who does.
Attendance Guidelines and Tips
- Your student needs to be in class at 7:45 AM when school starts.
- Please only have your students miss school when it is absolutely unavoidable because we are in school for only 180 days a school year. When a student misses 18 days every year for 13 years it adds up to 1 ¼ years (234 days) of missed school. This includes showing up late after appointments and leaving early for appointments.
- If your students need to miss a day please inform the office no later then 8:00 AM by calling our hotline at (520) 579-4908. It is a 24 hour recording. All students must be accounted for by 10:00 AM everyday. You should call the office about your child's absence. We are open 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- If you need a homework request include that information when you call in the absence and the work will be in the front after 2:15 PM.
- Your children should arrive on campus no earlier than 7:35 AM.
- If you need to get a message to your student please call before 1 PM as messages are given to teachers at 1:30 PM. Instructional time is not interrupted for routine messages to students.
- MOST IMPORTANT PLEASE inform us of any and all address and phone number changes immediately for the welfare of your student.