Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Afterschool Classes
Roadrunner Elementary is proud to be a 21st Century Community Learning Center! Our school offers amazing afterschool high-quality academic intervention and enrichment activities for students along with a broad array of youth development opportunities and parent engagement at no cost.
Our program provides opportunities for students to engage in new and exciting learning opportunities and explore their personal interests, recreational and intellectual topics that are often not available during the school day while being able to forge new relationships with friends.
The Roadrunner 21st CCLC program is funded by a Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education and administered by the Arizona Department of Education. For more information visit the Arizona Department of Education website.
What is Nita M. Lowey 21st CCLC?
- Afterschool classes and clubs offered at no cost to students. Snacks are served during this time.
- Teachers will be recommending students for academic intervention classes
- Students will be able to sign up for enrichment courses
- Classes will be offered at a variety of times and days of the week
- Transportation will be provided for classes held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:00-3:00pm. All other classes will require parent transportation
- Some activities will require special permission slips
- Students will be registered for classes on a first come first served basis and space is limited
- Students are required to have regular attendance for all activities that they register for (our grant funding is tied to attendance)