Welcome to Tortolita Middle School
On behalf of every member of Tortolita's dedicated, hardworking staff, I welcome you to Tortolita Middle School, where each child is valued and encouraged. Part of the Marana Unified School District, we are a 7-8 middle school offering the highest quality, inspiring, and enriching education in a safe, nurturing, and award-winning learning environment.
Home of the Cougars, our school provides a diverse educational experience for the 21st century by incorporating student Chromebooks and collaborative modern furniture, into comprehensive, relevant, and rigorous instruction. We believe that children need many avenues for learning and those outside of the classroom are equally important. These are some significant aspects of our school culture:
- Academic Rigor: We offer honors-level classes in English and math, and challenging science, social studies, and elective course for GEM (Gifted Education in Marana) students. 8th graders can earn high school credits in math and Spanish.
- Athletics: Our sports program is comprehensive and provides students the opportunity to participate in several sports each season. We organize as many teams as needed to accommodate all students who want to play any sport.
- Chromebooks: Every student at our school receives a Chromebook and our teachers are trained to use these devices to enhance learning.
- Fine Arts: Our school offers art, band, ceramics, drama, guitar and orchestra. Students have opportunities to perform on campus and in the community.
- Middle School Philosophy and Practices: The academic, behavioral, emotional and social needs of middle school students require us to ensure that our approaches and supports are tailored to meet those needs. Teachers are organized into interdisciplinary teams so that they can work collaboratively on behalf of the students they serve.
There is so much more to share about our wonderful school! We invite you to stop by and take a tour to familiarize yourself with our outstanding school.