From the Counselors Secretary - Michelle Reid
Hello! - I am the Receptionist and front line in the counseling office and have the privilege of working with our wonderful Counselors and all TMS Staff members, as well as the many students who attend Tortolita. Our first priority is caring for students; doing the best we can to address their needs and concerns.
Some of my responsibilities include:
- Greeting students, answering questions, and scheduling appointments with Counselors.
- Fielding phone calls and facilitating the process of addressing concerns or inquiries as quickly as possible.
- Working closely with Administration/Special needs specialists to create schedules for all students and teaching staff.
- Processing schedule changes when necessary or when reasonable requests are submitted.
- Orientating newly enrolled students by building their schedule, and providing them with assistance and the tools needed for a comfortable transition into our Tortolita Middle School community.
- Schedule Parent/Teacher conferences requested by Parents, Teachers, Counselors, or Administrators for the general population of students not involved in Special needs programs.
Please feel free to call any time with your questions and concerns. I will be happy to help you any way I can, which may include directing you to the correct counselor, administrator, or staff member that can best address your needs.
Fax: 579 - 4646