Employee Information: School Closure / COVID-19
Updated March 31, 2020
Aligned with Governor Doug Ducey and Superintendent Hoffmann’s announcement on March 30, all Marana Unified School District schools and District offices are closed and not open to the public for in-person assistance through the end of the school year. This includes the cancellation of school and district events and activities, musical/dance/drama performances, sport practices, athletics, trips, and all other organized events for the remainder of the year. Prom, promotions, end of year celebrations, and MUSD's public graduation ceremonies are also cancelled. However, MUSD is working to find alternative ways to celebrate and acknowledge these important milestones for students.
Governor Ducey also issued a Stay-at-Home Executive Order on March 30, 2020. This order does not change anything currently in place for employees. The Governor's Executive Order requests Arizonanas to remain home as much as possible, except to access essential services or to perform essential functions or operations – school district operation is an essential service.
- The order does not change anything currently in place for MUSD employees.
- The order allows people to leave home for the purposes of employment and essential services.
- Teachers are essential workers and will be able to use their classroom to teach or get the things they need; Learning at home will continue following all social distancing guidelines.
- Other school employees should work as previously assigned – remotely whenever possible – or call their supervisor for guidance.
- If an employee has committed to being available to work, the employee must report to work or accomplish duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Food Services and LEAP Childcare will continue as scheduled.
MUSD continues to receive guidance and updates from the State Board of Education, the Governor's Office, the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For all employee-related and payroll questions, please email Dr. Carolyn Dumler, Assistant Superintendent.
Communications & Resources:
Read March 31, 2020 Communication. For additional communications, please select from the links to the left of the page.
FAQ's for Employees - These pages will continue to be updated.
For additional information, please select from the categories provided in the section below. This section will continue to be updated.
For the latest local, state, national information related to COVID-19, please select from the Further Info resources located on the right side of this Webpage.
Visit our District coronavirus Webpage for information shared with parents/guardians.
Information & Resources
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act)
What does Governor Ducey Stay-at-Home order for the state of Arizona mean for employees?
Affidavit of Commitment to Work
Guidelines for Working Remotely
Guidelines for Employees Not Able to Work Remotely