Marana Unified School District Proposition 491
The voter-approved $90M capital improvement bond focuses on renovations for existing schools, construction of a new K-8, enhanced security, campus safety and technology, and student transportation investments.
Thank you voters for supporting your community Marana Schools through the voter-approved school improvement bond, Proposition 491!
In 2022, a community-driven citizen group was charged with examining future projects for the Marana Unified School District and analyzing capital project costs. Their primary goal was to ensure that all students have access to a 21st-century learning experience and technology provided in a safe and secure environment. The Marana Community voted to approve Proposition 491 on November 8, 2022, focusing on District-wide improvements addressing growth, enhanced security, campus safety and technology, campus improvements and renovations, and support of our large transportation fleet.
Following Proposition 491 passage, the MUSD Bond Oversight Committee was formed to oversee the issue and sale of school improvement bonds for the following capital projects:
- Improvements to campus safety
- Construction of new K-8 school in Gladden Farms
- Multipurpose gym at Twin Peaks K8
- New facilities expanding district capacity
- Elementary school playground equipment
- New flooring & HVAC heating/cooling systems
- Modernized auditorium stage, sound, seating
- Athletic field turf, track, and tennis courts at high schools
- School-wide campus safety and alerts
- Student transportation vehicles replacements
- Bus security cameras
- Network infrastructure and data center upgrades
The $90M bond focuses on four areas District-wide:
New K-8 school construction in Gladden Farms
Campus improvements/renovations for existing schools
Enhancing security, campus safety and technology
Investing in student transportation