Average Teacher Salaries
In accordance with A.R.S. §15-903(E), as amended by Laws 2018, Ch. 285, §10, a local educational agency's (LEA) budget must include the prominent display of the average salary of all teachers employed by the district or charter for the budget and prior years, and the increase in the average salary of all teachers employed by the district or charter for the budget year reported in dollars and percentage.
AVERAGE TEACHER SALARIES (A.R.S. §15-903.E, amended by Laws 2018, Ch. 285, §10)
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2020 (budget year) $52,895
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2019 (prior year) $51,072
- Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year $1,823
- Percentage increase 4%
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2018 $46,086
- Total percentage increase in average teacher salary since FY 2018 15%
Average salary calculation:
Average teacher salary are teaching positions coded to 1000 functions and 6112 object code. Total budgeted salaries divided by Full Time Equivalence. Classroom Site Fund base pay allocation, override amounts and previous year stipends for Instructional Improvement and PBP payment dollars are included. Important to note, the 15% teachers received was given only to their base pay, so must consider all other funds did not receive the 15% increase. Second consideration is attrition.