Gifted & Talented Education
Developing, inspiring and nurturing 21st Century gifted & talented learners.
The MUSD gifted and talented program, in collaboration with district professionals, parents and community leaders, will maximize and nurture the interdisciplinary potential of all gifted and talented students in the areas of intellectual development, creative endeavors, social emotional needs, leadership ability and fine arts through differentiated instructional opportunities.
The Marana Unified School District services approximately 1,700 K-12 gifted and talented students and requires the following:
- gifted instruction to comply with Arizona College and Career Ready Standards and support classroom content acquisition.
- opportunities for acceleration and enrichment for every K-12 gifted learner.
- a Scope and Sequence documenting a continuum of instructional services for every K-12 gifted learner.
- K-12 teachers to differentiate for gifted learners by making modifications to products, processes, content and the classroom environment.
- equal opportunity for a range of diverse gifted learners.
- all parents in the district to have equal access to information on gifted learners, assessment dates and clarity of results.
- leadership to train faculty and implement policies and procedures outlined in the Scope and Sequence.