Our Summer Success Programs are for students who wish to advance their learning over the summer and get ahead in their coursework. All courses are offered (English, Math, Science, Social Studies and Electives) and Students who enroll in Summer Success can expect the same level of challenge and academic rigor as the classroom learning environment.
Summer Success: Credit Advancement - Summer 2023
For MUSD 9th- 12th grade incoming students for the 2023-24 School Year
Summer Success: Credit Advancement is for students who wish to advance their learning over the summer and get ahead in their coursework online. All courses are offered through Marana Distance Learning (English, Math, Science, Social Studies and Electives) and students can work at their own pace. Students who enroll in these courses should expect the same level of challenge and academic rigor as the classroom learning environment.
Audience: 9th – 12th grade incoming students (2023-2024 school year).
- Students will be enrolled in one course at a time but may complete as many courses as they wish over the summer.
- Students who do not complete their coursework by end of the suggested enrollment period may request an extension if they have 80% of the course completed.
- Students must complete 20% of their coursework in the first 29 days of enrollment or they will be dropped for insufficient progress. Students must also regularly login into the program and may be dropped after 2 weeks of inactivity.
- May 31 - Aug 4, 2023
- Enrollment closes on 6/12/23. Registration is now closed.
Cost: Free for MUSD students. There are some openings for out-of-district students, who may attend for a fee. Contact the program for more information: Credit Advancement and Recovery
Summer Success: Credit Recovery - Summer 2023
For MUSD and out-of-District 9th- 12th grade incoming students for the 2023-24 School Year
MUSD students, can attend FREE Credit Recovery programs taught in-person at MCAT High School. Credit Recovery is taught utilizing FuelEd.
Students who are not enrolled in the Marana USD during the 2022-2023 or 2023-2024 school years will be considered for Session 1 enrollment after 5/22 under the following conditions: submission of official school records showing a failing grade for the course(s) requested; space available in the course(s) requested; and payment of $175 tuition per session. Session 2 enrollment will be considered after 6/9 following the same criteria.
Audience: 9th – 12th Grade incoming students (2023-24 school year). Students must have previously failed a course in order to enroll in this option. Students with an NC from May 2020 may also enroll in this program.
Cost: Free for all MUSD students.
- Algebra 1A/B
- Geometry 1A/B
- Algebra 2A/B
- English 1/2
- English 3/4
- English 5/6
- Biology 1/2
- Chemistry 1/2
Sessions: Sign up for one or both sessions hosted at MCAT High School:
- Session 1: June 1 – June 15; Registration is now closed.
- Session 2: June 19 – June 30; Registration is now closed.
Times: On-campus learning is from 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Independent work time is encouraged.
Transportation and meal services: Breakfast and lunch, as well as transportation, will be provided.Contact Us: