MUSD Preparing to Transition to a Full Five-days of In-Person Instruction Beginning March 22
Based on continued research and support from community health partners, Marana Unified School District has set a target date of Monday, March 22 to transition to a full five-days of in-person instruction. Remote learning will continue to be an option for all families.
Schools sent out fourth quarter parent commitment surveys during the week of Feb. 15. Your response is critical in helping the Administration, teachers and staff prepare for this transition. Please respond as soon as possible and contact your school site if you have any questions.
The MUSD administration is exploring several approaches to return, including:
- a phased approach, returning pre-K through 6th grade students to in-person instruction first
- a phased approach, returning pre-K-8 through 8th grade students to in-person instruction first
- full implementation, returning all students in pre-K through 12th grade at once
There are still several moving targets that the Administration is monitoring to make this target return date a reality. The date is dependent on several factors which may impact whether we will be able to shift to a full five-days of in-person instruction, including:
- County metrics – ensuring COVID transmission is continuing a downward trend
- Pima County Health Department continued support of the District’s mitigation plan and contact tracing efforts
- School mitigation strategies – Continued success with school mitigation plans, communication around COVID cases and contact tracing
- Vaccine progress – allowing time for our teachers and staff who wish to receive the vaccine to have it administered and in effect
- Continued low rates of transmission in the schools
Over the next few weeks, District leaders will work with school leadership groups to discuss planning and implementation of this transition. School leaders will collaborate closely with their site-level leadership teams to plan details specific to each school.
MUSD will continue to update teachers, staff and families as we get closer to the anticipated transition date.