MUSD Outlines In-Person Transition Beginning March 22
Over the past few weeks, District leaders have worked with school leadership groups and the MUSD health services team to plan and prepare in anticipation of the transition to in-person learning. We have visited schools, examined all indoor and outdoor spaces to maximize physical distancing to the greatest extent possible, and developed creative strategies to safely return students to campus.
MUSD will continue to provide a remote learning option for families who prefer that model.
Beginning March 22:
- Pre-K through 8th grade students will return to a full five-days of in-person instruction.
- PAL Preschool will return to its three-day format (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) of in-person instruction.
- MCAT High School students will also return to a full five-days of in-person instruction.
- Marana High School and Mountain View High School, due to the limitations of the synchronous instructional model being implemented, these two sites will return to four days of in-person instruction (Monday-Thursday) with Fridays being reserved for remote learning activities to ensure time is available for teachers to support remote learners.
The District is proceeding with this plan based on specific considerations that improve our ability to provide safe environments, including:
- Improved countywide health metrics and transmission rates
- Effective layered mitigation strategies including continued mask wearing, physical distancing to the greatest extent possible, effective hygiene practices, and consistent cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Decreasing quarantine and isolation cases within our District
- Continued support from Pima County Health Department for the District’s return to school plans
- Effective, ongoing contact tracing and case investigation efforts
- Continued success with parent and staff communication around COVID cases with our health services team, helping to minimize risk of exposure and spread
- Continued low rates of transmission in our schools
We look forward to welcoming our in-person students back to campus following Spring Break!