Construction is underway! Coming fall 2020….a new state-of-the-art Transportation Center!
Made possible through the 2014 School Improvement Bond, this newest bond project provides an efficient state-of-the-art Transportation Center with enhanced service delivery supporting student transportation, resources, and Marana district’s growing fleet of school busses.
Committed to safety, efficiency, and addressing growth in the District, Marana unified is thrilled to announce this bond project includes:
- Design and construct a state-of-the-art energy efficient steel framed stucco Administrative Services building and a Garage/Mechanic Services masonry building.
- Improve bus parking area, traffic flow, and visitor parking to include new asphalt, sidewalks, curbing, and drainage systems.
- Upgrade underground electrical utility service.
- Enhance administrative services containing driver training, dispatch, routing, and school resource areas to enhance all services and school support.
- Enhance Garage/Mechanic services containing 8 new service bays to efficiently and effectively service a consistently growing fleet of school busses, vehicles, and school resources.
The Marana Unified School District covers 550 square miles with hundreds of school buses providing safe, dependable, and efficient transportation. We are dedicated to student safety from the moment a child leaves their home in the morning until they return safely that afternoon. All vehicles in our fleet are up-to date with route buses being 2012 and newer. Buses are equipped with safety features that include air conditioning, video monitoring, GPS, and air doors.
Marana school buses service over 7,500 students daily, traveling close to 12,000 miles. As of January 2020, the transportation fleet consists of 145 buses, 116 white fleet service and student activity vehicles, and 78 pieces of special equipment like tractors, mowers, and more!
The Transportation Department uses a state-of-the-art routing system from Education Logistics together with a Student Information System and custom databases to provide schools and parents with all of the information they need, in a timely and efficient manner.
Marana Unified School District thanks all the voters who made this project and all the capital school improvement projects possible through the 2014 School Improvement Bond.